One of our goals is to promote safe cycling. We do that both through our educational efforts and by participating in as many local cycling and community events as possible.
Additionally, a portion of the bikes we recycle/rebuild are donated to groups or organizations that can put them in the hands of those in need.
Benefits of biking
- can lead to lower health care expenses
- is low impact on the body
- increases mobility for those who don't have access to motor transport.
- increases mobility for those who don't qualify to drive a car.
- increases mobility for those who can't afford motor transport.
- increases mobility for those who don't want to drive motor vehicles.
- increases mobility for some people with arthritis, back problems and other mobility issues.
- can be faster than walking, transit or motor vehicles.
- helps reduce stress and is therapeutic for the mind and spirit -- is fun and can make you happy.
- is therapeutic for the cardio-vascular system, live healthier.
- provides better muscle tone, bone mass improvement, clearer skin.